Ascendio!
Ascendio!
Ascendio!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ascendio!

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry RPG

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Ascendio!
The site has been moved to a better location:
http://xoxascendioxox.proboards.com/
Headmistress:
Mavis Cerdwin

Deputy Headmaster:
Alastair Weatherby
Professors:
Jacqueline Walker - Astronomy, Muggle Studies
Cuthbert Binns - Pre-FOH History of Magic
Demitri Urien - Potions Master, Occulmency, Legilimency
Hanley Lugaid - Post FOH History of Magic
Alexander Lawson - Ancient Runes
Head Girl:
Edolie Holcombe

Head Boy:
Alec Lightwood

Hufflepuff Prefects:

Ravenclaw Prefects:
Clary Fairchild

Gryffindor Prefects:
Isabelle Lightwood

Slytherin Prefects:
Aurora Lawson
Hufflepuff :: 180 | Ravenclaw :: 235 | Gryffindor :: 210 | Slytherin :: 245

Aurora Lawson's Story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aurora Lawson
Admin
Aurora Lawson

Character Profile
Age; Actual and Apparent: Actual: 586 Apparent: 18
Alliance: Victus-mortuus

Aurora Lawson's Story Empty
PostSubject: Aurora Lawson's Story   Aurora Lawson's Story I_icon_minitime13th January 2010, 16:00

The story you are about to read began 580 years ago when Aurora Lawson was six years old. In those days wizards were living in their own realm, parallel to and in harmony with the Muggle world and there they thrived until "the fall"

Last edited by Aurora Lawson on 22nd June 2010, 15:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aurora Lawson
Admin
Aurora Lawson

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Aurora Lawson's Story   Aurora Lawson's Story I_icon_minitime13th January 2010, 16:01

Part 1 – Six years old………

As Aurora got herself ready for bed she wondered who was going to tuck her in tonight. It was doubtful either of her parents were up to the task. Her father, Xavier was in his office as always doing some “grown up, business necessities that you wouldn’t understand Aurora” as he had gently explained to her on many occasions. Aurora had great affection for Xavier, he always treated her like a princess when he had the time, but then again, he rarely had the time these days. His business was booming and the better his business became, the worse he became at paying any attention to his family. Her mother, Saoirse, whom Aurora often doubted was actually her mother as she couldn’t imagine she would want to ruin her figure by becoming pregnant, was screaming at some poor unfortunate house elf somewhere in the mansion about her stupid wardrobe. Aurora sometimes wondered if she and her three brothers Alexander, Damian and Carl had been bought at a wizard jumble sale.

Aurora finished brushing her teeth, turned out the bathroom light and closed the door. As she approached her four-poster king size bed, that the now six-year-old Aurora got lost in every night, the covers folded themselves back for her. Aurora didn’t know how but she’d always been able to get inanimate objects to do her bidding, simply by thinking about it. Of course, she knew she was a witch, her entire family comprised of witches and wizards, but she had been told she wouldn’t be able to use magic ‘properly’ until she was eleven and at school where she would get a wand and be taught how to use it. It was for this reason and many others that she had kept the fact she could make things move without touching them to herself.

As Aurora climbed into the bed, there was a soft knock on her door. “Rory?” came the voice of her 13 year old brother Damian.“ ”Come in” Aurora answered. “And don’t call me ‘Rory’ you know I hate it!” Damian opened the door, grinning away, and plonked himself on Aurora’s bed. His twin, Carl, followed, with just as big a grin and said cheerfully “hello Ror…..I mean A-ro-ra!” Aurora scowled at him for a second but then smiled at her two big brothers. They always teased her a little but she knew it was all in fun and she couldn’t stay mad at them for long. “What do you two want?” She asked, pretending to be huffy with them, but her smile giving her away. “Well we’re here to tuck you in of course!” Carl answered. “Lexy said we should since our ‘loving parents’ are otherwise engaged”. Carl imitated the eldest Lawson, Alexander, perfectly and made Aurora giggle. “I’m glad you came to tuck me in” Aurora told them. “But don’t let Alexander hear you calling him ‘Lexy’ or it’ll be the last time you do!” “Oh don’t mind that fussy old fuss-pot!” Damian told her firmly. “He’s getting way too big for his boots lately if you ask me”. Damian pulled a face of disgust. “He thinks he’s Dad” said Carl looking rather annoyed. “Bossing the rest of us about. I mean we do have parents, even if they barely know we exist.” Damian shot a look at Carl to tell him to shut up. All the brothers were very protective of Aurora and even though she looked and acted older than her age, she was only six and wasn’t likely to understand it when they spoke ill of their parents. Carl immediately got the message and he turned to Aurora “Well pip-squeak, time for you to get some sleep” he hugged her tightly, so tightly in fact that she couldn’t breathe enough to shout at him for calling her ‘pip-squeak’. Carl eventually let her go and Damian hugged her but not quite as tightly. Then they each took a side of the bed and tucked her bed clothes in around her until she was quite snug. “Goodnight Aurora” Damian whispered as he turned out her light and closed the door gently. Aurora smiled to herself and drifted off to sleep to the sound of her mother’s demented ranting at the house elves.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Lawson
Admin
Aurora Lawson

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Aurora Lawson's Story   Aurora Lawson's Story I_icon_minitime13th January 2010, 16:05

Part 2 – Nine years old………

Aurora sat at the gigantic dining table, with its red velvet table-cloth, two large candelabras and one lonely place setting. It didn’t bother her much that she was the only one there, she was quite used to it by now. Her brothers were all at school, her father was in his office as usual and her mother was busy planning a gala with some other rich wizard’s wife. Aurora didn’t care about Saoirse’s absence from the breakfast table; she had about as much time for her mother as her mother had for her. Saoirse Lawson devoted her entire life to looking fabulous, staying young and attending social events. She made sure Xavier kept her very well and that he also kept up appearances at her social outings. They attended parties and meetings as the madly in love, perfect couple who had an entirely perfect family at home in their extravagant mansion. Of course, nothing could be further from the truth. When Saoirse was at home she barely ever spent time with her children but worse than that, she spent absolutely no time at all with her husband, unless of course she needed him to give her money and nice things.

“Daddy’s girl through and through” Saoirse had often muttered to herself when she had actually spent any time with her daughter. Aurora would just shrug, trying to understand why this was a bad thing. She adored her father, he was so noble and wise. She knew he worked hard to keep his family in the style to which they were accustomed, so, she could easily forgive his absences. Aurora admired everything about him, right down to his appearance. Xavier Lawson was a very handsome wizard, tall and strong with flowing black hair and deep brown eyes. His appearance alone commanded respect but when he spoke it was like he was enchanting respect into those around him. Aurora always hung on every word he said to her and she loved it when he took the time to talk to her. The thought made Aurora a little sad, Xavier hadn’t spoken with her in months now, not since the boys went back to school, but Aurora had just assumed he was busy with business engagements. She wished that he’d get some time to spend with her soon, she was getting extremely lonely in the big house and even the letters from her brothers weren’t helping to shake the feeling of abandonment.

Just then, the huge double mahogany doors at the end of the room opened. Aurora had expected it to be the house elves with her breakfast, but it wasn’t, it was Xavier. Aurora stood up as he entered and looked at him solemnly. Xavier looked her up and down as if examining her and then his face softened into a smile. He held out his arms to her and she ran to him. He scooped her up and hugged her tight. As he put her back down on her chair he commented about how big she’d gotten. “What age are you now? Eight?” he said with a twinkle in his eye. Aurora scowled at him “I’m nine!” she said indignantly, looking him square in the eyes. Xavier laughed “That’s my girl! Always keep eye contact. But I am only joking Aurora, I know you’re nine” He took out his wand and pointed it at the nearest chair which repositioned itself next to Aurora. He sat next to her and handed his wand to her. “Show me something you’ve learned from all those books you read” he said. Aurora pointed the wand at her tea spoon “accio spoon!” she said firmly and the spoon flew into her hand. “Very good Aurora!” Xavier smiled at her. “I wish I could get you a wand and let you practice, you’d be way ahead of the pack at school. Unfortunately the Ministry don’t allow it, so you’ll have to make do with reading for now.” Aurora looked disappointed but she knew that he would let her use his wand occasionally as a reward for her studying.
“I’m sorry pumpkin but I must be off now, lots to do today I’m afraid. I regret that you are forced to spend so much time on your own, but I do advise that you learn from it. It’s lonely at the top Aurora and you will only have yourself to rely on along the way. Be strong and brave my little princess, it’s a dog eat dog world out there, but I know you’ll make it. You are so special Aurora and………….” He drifted off, most likely realising that he was talking to a nine year old and that she wasn’t likely to understand. To be honest, she didn’t really, but she always remembered his words of wisdom so that she could put them to good use when she was old enough to know what they meant. He kissed her on the forehead and hurried away just as the house elves arrived with her breakfast.

Last edited by Aurora Lawson on 13th January 2010, 16:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aurora Lawson
Admin
Aurora Lawson

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Aurora Lawson's Story   Aurora Lawson's Story I_icon_minitime13th January 2010, 16:08

Part 3 – Eleven years old……………

Aurora sat in her room, reading through the letters she had got offering her places in wizarding schools. None of them really excited her, they all looked the same really. Also none of them seemed far enough away from her stupid mother. Aurora rolled her eyes at the memory of earlier that morning, when her mother had stumbled downstairs, bleary eyed and hung over, shouting at the house elves for something to cure her. Thank Merlin Dad’s not here was all Aurora could think. Whenever Xavier was away on business, Saoirse would go mental and attend every single party in town. She spend hours getting ready, and would look amazing as she left the house, only to return hours later looking like she’d been hit by a bus. Aurora often wondered how she hadn’t gotten hit by something given the state of her. Of course if Xavier knew this, he’d have lost it with her, mostly for being a bad example to her daughter. But Saoirse didn’t care, she felt trapped in her marriage to Xavier, even though he treated her like a queen most of the time. Aurora didn’t really understand what her problem was, apart from the fact she just wasn’t suited to being a wife and mother.

A knock on the door brought her back and made her jump a little. “Come in” she said politely. Her eldest brother, Alexander, came into the room and sat beside her on the bed. “Hey you” he said. “What are you doing up here all on your own?” “Hiding from Mother.” Aurora answered seriously. Alexander just nodded in understanding. “Oh are they your school letters?” he asked excitedly. “Any decisions made yet?” Aurora shook her head and sighed. “There’s just so many of them Alexander, I can’t decide.” Alexander picked up the pile of letters and leafed through them. “Hmmm Beauxbatons is good, but of course you would have to learn to speak French.” Aurora screwed up her nose in disgust. Alexander opened his mouth to scold her for not wanting to expand her languages (good when you’re in business you know!) but something told him not to go there. “Oh, Hogwarts!” he exclaimed. “The Boy Who Lived goes there!” Aurora looked at Alexander quizzically. “You’ve never heard of Harry Potter?” he asked incredulously. “I swear, our parents have a lot to answer for!” He then proceeded to tell Aurora the story of Harry Potter and the Dark Lord Voldemort.

Aurora looked a little shocked when he’d finished. “Why was I never told about this?” she demanded. “I don’t know” Alexander said honestly. “Maybe Father didn’t think you needed to know, I mean by all appearances, little Harry Potter, by whatever means, destroyed Voldemort the night his parents were killed. They were all very brave, those Potters. Saved us all really. Anyway, now you know, and you could meet the famous Harry Potter if you choose Hogwarts. But it’s up to you little sis, I trust you to make the right decision, you’ve always been smarter than any of us” Aurora smiled at him but she didn’t really believe he meant that. Alexander was just after starting his own wand-making company (where Aurora herself would no doubt get her first wand specially made) and business was booming. Damian and Carl had gotten fantastic results in their exams, despite being mischievous little monkeys sometimes. Aurora didn’t know how she was ever going to live up to that.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Lawson
Admin
Aurora Lawson

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Aurora Lawson's Story   Aurora Lawson's Story I_icon_minitime13th January 2010, 16:11

Part 4 – Eighteen years old……………

“Did you get it?” Margaret asked Aurora eagerly. Aurora smirked. “What do you think?” she answered shortly. Margaret looked at Aurora’s hands which were now holding a small figurine. “Its rather small isn’t it?” she asked Aurora shakily. “Small?” Aurora asked incredulously. “What were you expecting? A statue? Look, either you trust me or you don’t Margaret, and if I were you I would. We both know you’re too stupid to pull something like this off on your own!” Aurora glared nastily at the small blonde girl. Margaret had been Aurora Lawson’s lackey for as long as she could remember. They had started out as playmates while still in nappies although even then Aurora had blatantly domineered Margaret. As they grew up, Margaret seemed to worship Aurora, mainly because Aurora was tall, beautiful and strong willed while Margaret was the exact opposite. Margaret was weak. Margaret was oh so easily led and Aurora took advantage of her at every turn. Aurora just had to click her fingers and Margaret came running. She rarely, if ever, questioned Aurora, partly because she had this hero-worship complex about Aurora and partly because she had learned the hard way not to question her. So over the years they had completed many of what Aurora had called ‘missions’ mainly consisting of making someone else’s life a misery or paying them back for some minor infraction against Aurora or her brothers.

This particular ‘mission’ however had been Margaret’s idea. She had waited impatiently all year for the summer to arrive so that she could be reunited with Aurora and get the wheels in motion. School made Margaret miserable. She had no friends because she simply couldn’t function like a normal person without Aurora. She had come to rely on Aurora so much that she had forgotten that she had a life of her own. She still hadn’t gotten over the fact that Aurora had chosen a school that Margaret hadn’t been offered a place in. She had been sure that Aurora would never abandon her but as Aurora pointed out “it’s not my fault you’re not good enough to go to Hogwarts Marge, and I can’t let you hold me back. Hogwarts is the perfect school for me. I’m going to be something one day, and when I am I’ll let you work for me!” Margaret of course had to agree with Aurora and resign herself to learning all she could at her own school so that she’d be at least good enough to work for Aurora some day. And that was exactly what she was doing when she came across this particular ‘mission’. She had been studying in the library when something told her to go look in the restricted section. Margaret thought it was Aurora, sub-consciously telling her to widen her horizons and learn things that would come in useful ‘in the real world’. She confunded the librarian (a little trick Aurora had taught her the previous summer) and slipped into the restricted section.

As she browsed the shelves reading the book titles Margaret realised she had no idea what she was looking for. She kept going regardless hoping something would just jump out at her so to speak. And sure enough it did. “Secrets of the Caribbean” was a rather large book bound in black leather with red lettering. Margaret stared at it for a moment. “Aurora and I are from the Caribbean” she thought to herself “Maybe I can find something in here that Aurora would be interested in. Then she’ll think I’ve gotten clever!” Margaret lifted the heavy book down from the shelf, slipped it in her bag and quietly left the library. As she walked out the door she unconfunded the librarian with a flick of her wand. She quickly walked back to her dorm, locked the door and took the book out of her bag. She opened it at the beginning and started to read…………………………
Back to top Go down
Aurora Lawson
Admin
Aurora Lawson

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Aurora Lawson's Story   Aurora Lawson's Story I_icon_minitime13th January 2010, 16:12

Part 5 – That summer…………….

Margaret looked at Aurora intensely trying to work out if she had finally done well in Aurora’s eyes. Aurora seemed rather preoccupied reading and rereading the spell from “Secrets of the Caribbean”. This was probably the most important thing Aurora would ever do and she wanted to make sure she had it right. She surveyed the ingredients they would need for the spell, most important the little figurine that Aurora had acquired for them. It had been quite the experience for Aurora, seducing the old wizard and making off with the prized figurine but it taught her that there was more to having good looks than simply showing off. She did however swear to herself that she’d never tell Margaret how she managed to get her hands on the figurine. She picked it up and looked it over. It was a woman, quite ugly Aurora thought, pale skinned, dressed in red with chips in the paintwork. It did however give off a magical aura and Aurora felt sure she had the correct item. The rest of the ingredients were even more ugly than the figurine, eye of toad, brain of chicken, venom of viper and other assorted disgusting (and rather medieval Aurora thought) items. Thank goodness it had been Margaret’s job to collect all those, it almost made kissing the old man worth it when Aurora considered the alternative.

Margaret lit the fire with her wand and soon the concoction in the cauldron was bubbling away and turning a nice crimson colour. Aurora nodded at Margaret in approval and Margaret blushed slightly. Aurora went back to the instructions and read the last line as her stomach churned at the thought of it. She glanced over at Margaret and thought “poor bitch, she should have studied harder in Latin class, she obviously doesn’t know what the most important part of the spell entails” Aurora knew she would have to remain strong, it was clear that one of them was going to die that night and Aurora was going to make damn sure it wasn’t her. The words made her shiver - Vitualamen of viscus est necessarius pro immortalis (The sacrifice of the flesh is essential for immortality)

Margaret called to Aurora that it was time to complete the spell and say the incantation. Aurora picked up the ugly little figurine and held it in her hand. She had memorised the words carefully and began to recite them as she fed the bubbling potion to Margaret. It hadn’t occurred to Margaret that it was strange that Aurora would allow her to be the first to be immortalised and she drank the potion down willingly. Aurora’s hand began to shake with each spoonful that she fed her friend, she knew what the potion was doing and the innocence in Margaret’s eyes wasn’t helping. Aurora looked away and willed herself to remain focused as she read the words: Per vox of dea EGO habitum in meus manus manus , ego vitualamen is vernula of mei gratia sapor ultimate licentia immortalis. (By the power of the goddess I hold in my hand, I sacrifice this servant of mine, so as to taste the ultimate freedom of immortality) As soon as Aurora had spoken the last word there was a flash of green light followed by brilliant white and Aurora felt something inside her change, she was different now and she could feel the power within, it was all she could do to stop herself from laughing loudly. Margaret’s body lay limp and lifeless on the ground beside her, Aurora looked at her, shrugged and left. She wasn’t worried about anyone finding out the truth of what had happened, everyone knew Margaret was bad at spells and her latin was terrible, they’d all just think she’d read the spell incorrectly and had accidentally killed herself. Anyway, Aurora had an airtight alibi for her whereabouts if anyone were to become suspicious.

Aurora slipped silently into her room as soon as she got back to Lawson Manor. She hadn’t dared use any magic to get herself home as she knew full well that magic could be traced. She looked at herself in the mirror and thought that she looked even more beautiful than ever. She hoped her friends at school wouldn’t notice the change in her. There wasn’t anybody on the planet that she trusted with the information about her newfound power and she had decided that she wouldn’t reveal it until she absolutely had to, for now it was nice knowing it was there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aurora Lawson's Story   Aurora Lawson's Story I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aurora Lawson's Story
Page 1 of 1