Ascendio!
Ascendio!
Ascendio!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ascendio!

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry RPG

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Ascendio!
The site has been moved to a better location:
http://xoxascendioxox.proboards.com/
Headmistress:
Mavis Cerdwin

Deputy Headmaster:
Alastair Weatherby
Professors:
Jacqueline Walker - Astronomy, Muggle Studies
Cuthbert Binns - Pre-FOH History of Magic
Demitri Urien - Potions Master, Occulmency, Legilimency
Hanley Lugaid - Post FOH History of Magic
Alexander Lawson - Ancient Runes
Head Girl:
Edolie Holcombe

Head Boy:
Alec Lightwood

Hufflepuff Prefects:

Ravenclaw Prefects:
Clary Fairchild

Gryffindor Prefects:
Isabelle Lightwood

Slytherin Prefects:
Aurora Lawson
Hufflepuff :: 180 | Ravenclaw :: 235 | Gryffindor :: 210 | Slytherin :: 245

DADA Lesson 1 : Gryffindor and Ravenclaw 5th-7th year

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Professor Derick Jaccobs
Mod
Professor Derick Jaccobs

DADA Lesson 1 : Gryffindor and Ravenclaw 5th-7th year Empty
PostSubject: DADA Lesson 1 : Gryffindor and Ravenclaw 5th-7th year   DADA Lesson 1 : Gryffindor and Ravenclaw 5th-7th year I_icon_minitime16th August 2010, 00:28

((Go ahead and just act like your characters were already there, unless you want that character to be late.))

DADA Lesson 1 –
Derick Jaccobs sauntered into the DADA classroom and gave his students a large smile. “Good evening!” he chimed as he sat on his desk. Jaccobs picked up a sheet of parchment and began reading the names off of it. He looked up after each name that he read to put a face with the name. After he finished, Jaccobs set it aside and clapped his hands together. “Alright then, let the learning begin! In case you have forgotten or are in the wrong class, this is Defense Against the Dark Arts. We will start out by learning about jinxes, hexes, and curses. If we have enough time, then all of you might get a chance to try out some defensive magic during this lesson.”

“Let us start with what a jinx is: Jinxes are a type of spell with negative effects. They are usually used for amusement. They can be irritating but amusing. However, they can also be used in defensive magic. For example, an Anti-Disapparition Jinx can be used to keep an enemy out of a defensive area or keep them trapped in an area.” Jaccobs noticed a few confused faces and smiled, “I have forgotten that some of you may not know what Disapparation is…Disapparation and Apparation is a magical means of transporting oneself almost instantly from one place to another.”

Jaccobs turned around and waved his wand over the blackboard. The following appeared to be scrawled across the board by an invisible hand:

Anti-Disapparation Jinx
Backfiring Jinx
Impediment Jinx
Inflatus Jinx
Jelly-Legs Jinx
Knockback Jinx
Langlock Jinx
Leek Jinx
Levicorpus Jinx
Melofors Jinx
Orbis Jinx
Revulsion Jinx
Stretching Jinx
Tarantallegra Jinx
Ventus Jinx

“Please write those down and be sure to leave enough room between them for notes on each," he said as the words continued to appear. "You'll want to keep these notes for future reference."

"I have already told you about the Anti-Disapparation Jinx, so feel free to jot that down. The incantation is subsisto disapparation. As soon as my volunteer arrives, I will show you what exactly it does. Now, the Backfiring Jinx causes an explosion when spells are cast on whatever object the jinx was place on. It's incantation is incendia tergum. Someone might put it on a door that they expect someone to try to magically unlock. The Impediment Jinx slows or stops an object or individual, immobilizing them for a short amount of time. With a bit more force behind it, the Impediment Jinx can also be used to knock a target off it's feet. Impedimenta is the incantation."

((Feel free to do any rping that might have happened before Jaccobs entered and the whatever after. I'll add to the lesson after a while.))
Back to top Go down
Brindl Victoire Holzinger
Mod

Character Profile
Age; Actual and Apparent: 16
Alliance: Neautral/Unaffiliated

PostSubject: Re: DADA Lesson 1 : Gryffindor and Ravenclaw 5th-7th year   DADA Lesson 1 : Gryffindor and Ravenclaw 5th-7th year I_icon_minitime18th August 2010, 22:12

Vic made her way to her first DADA lesson. She was pretty excited at the thought of DADA, but knew well that the Professor had been told that she was not to be a part of anything vigorous. She peered into the room and saw no one else yet present. "Must be early..." she muttered as she entered and chose a desk in the middle of the classroom. She didn't want to be in the very front so that she wouldn't be seen by everyone, but she didn't want to be in the back either, so she thought the middle would be perfect. Having nothing to do, Vic took to playing with a chunk of hair as she waited for the classroom to fill.
Back to top Go down
Chad Donovan
Mod
Chad Donovan

Character Profile
Age; Actual and Apparent: 17

PostSubject: Re: DADA Lesson 1 : Gryffindor and Ravenclaw 5th-7th year   DADA Lesson 1 : Gryffindor and Ravenclaw 5th-7th year I_icon_minitime18th August 2010, 22:17

Chad entered the DADA classroom, extremely excited at the thought of the class, however, he came to find that only a pretty young woman was in there with him. He smiled and waved. "You in Gryffindor?" he asked as he took a seat not far from her. Chad didn't want to assume that she would be okay with him sitting too close. From experience, he knew that some pretty girls can be rather...particular as to who they sit by.
Back to top Go down
Edolie Holcombe
Admin
Edolie Holcombe

Character Profile
Age; Actual and Apparent: 585; 17 when turned

PostSubject: Re: DADA Lesson 1 : Gryffindor and Ravenclaw 5th-7th year   DADA Lesson 1 : Gryffindor and Ravenclaw 5th-7th year I_icon_minitime18th August 2010, 22:22

DADA had been a class that made Edolie a tad nervous before, but she had grown past that in the last several centuries. She smiled at the two students when she entered. "Hey Chad," she said as she took a seat toward the back. Since Edolie had taken Defense Against the Dark Arts before the fall of Hogwarts, she figured that she should let the less experience students sit toward the front.
Back to top Go down
Mod

Character Profile
Age; Actual and Apparent: 16

PostSubject: Re: DADA Lesson 1 : Gryffindor and Ravenclaw 5th-7th year   DADA Lesson 1 : Gryffindor and Ravenclaw 5th-7th year I_icon_minitime18th August 2010, 22:32

Having gotten lost in thought while waiting in the silence, Vic did not hear the other student enter. She jumped slightly and put a hand over her heart. The sudden surprise made her heart rate speed up and a familiar pain spread through her chest. Vic looked over at the boy and smiled as her heart rate went back to normal. "Yeah...Ravenclaw?" she asked even though she was positive that he was in Ravenclaw. She had noticed him in the Great Hall during meals. He seemed rather charming from afar.

Vic looked up again when someone else had entered and smiled back at the girl. She assumed that the girl was from Ravenclaw as well, since she wasn't in Gryffindor and the only other house that they had the class with was Ravenclaw. Vic took note of Chad's name when the other student greeted him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DADA Lesson 1 : Gryffindor and Ravenclaw 5th-7th year   DADA Lesson 1 : Gryffindor and Ravenclaw 5th-7th year I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DADA Lesson 1 : Gryffindor and Ravenclaw 5th-7th year
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ascendio! :: First Floor :: West Wing :: Room 15 - Defence Against the Dark Arts-
Jump to: