Ascendio!
Ascendio!
Ascendio!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ascendio!

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry RPG

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Ascendio!
The site has been moved to a better location:
http://xoxascendioxox.proboards.com/
Headmistress:
Mavis Cerdwin

Deputy Headmaster:
Alastair Weatherby
Professors:
Jacqueline Walker - Astronomy, Muggle Studies
Cuthbert Binns - Pre-FOH History of Magic
Demitri Urien - Potions Master, Occulmency, Legilimency
Hanley Lugaid - Post FOH History of Magic
Alexander Lawson - Ancient Runes
Head Girl:
Edolie Holcombe

Head Boy:
Alec Lightwood

Hufflepuff Prefects:

Ravenclaw Prefects:
Clary Fairchild

Gryffindor Prefects:
Isabelle Lightwood

Slytherin Prefects:
Aurora Lawson
Hufflepuff :: 180 | Ravenclaw :: 235 | Gryffindor :: 210 | Slytherin :: 245

Beautiful Lie **OPEN**

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Violet Cortel
Mod
Violet Cortel

Character Profile
Age; Actual and Apparent: 16
Alliance: Neautral/Unaffiliated

Beautiful Lie **OPEN** Empty
PostSubject: Beautiful Lie **OPEN**   Beautiful Lie **OPEN** I_icon_minitime7th June 2010, 14:25

Violet pulled her hair back into a ponytail, biting her lip softly. Today her hair decided it wanted to curl and not be tamed. She looked truly concentrated as she pulled her bangs to pin back out of her face. A few short strands fell around her face and she shrugged, pulling on her sandals. Her white sun dress fell around her knees and the straps kept trying to fall down her shoulders. Mumbling under her breath, she grabbed her wand and a book and made her way out of the room. She hummed softly to herself, trying to keep herself entertain for the time being. When she got to the entrance hall, she pushed open the main doors and felt the sun on her face.

She smiled a small smile as she let the doors shut behind her. She flinched a bit when it slammed to hard but she didn’t let it bother her. She made her way to a shaded spot and sat down on the ground, crossing her legs to keep anyone from seeing up her dress. Violet looked around the court yard for a few minutes, thinking about her dad. It had been a while since he wrote to her and she was getting worried. Maybe he had finally found someone else or he was just busy with everything. She hoped it was either of the two before her mind went to her mother. She felt mixed emotions at the thought of her mother. Anger, hurt, confusion, hate…the list went on. After a few seconds, she shook her head, looking down at her lap.

Violet sat her wand down by her side, setting her book in her lap. She took a deep breath, opening it to the middle where her book mark was.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Lawson
Admin
Aurora Lawson

Character Profile
Age; Actual and Apparent: Actual: 586 Apparent: 18
Alliance: Victus-mortuus

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Lie **OPEN**   Beautiful Lie **OPEN** I_icon_minitime7th June 2010, 17:41

((I was gonna bring one of my "nicer" characters into this but Aurora has mother issues too so maybe we can work with that))

10 minutes after she had gotten out of bed, Aurora Lawson was ready to go. Looking like a supermodel and feeling good. She had actually impressed herself this morning, it usually took very little effort for her to look spectacular but this morning was a record. Her blood red hair just seemed to sit perfectly without any work, her complexion was perfect as always and her brand new outfit of tight denim miniskirt and green fitted top with flowing sleeves seemed to cling to all the right places. She teamed it up with some nice high heels and diamond jewellery and admired herself in the mirror. She almost couldn't believe how good she looked and decided it would be fun to go outside and let the commoners adore her.

Aurora crossed the court yard with her head in the air and her heels clicking along on the flagstones. She could feel male eyes watching her and she smirked to herself. In fact she was so engrossed in herself that she didn't see the pretty blonde sitting on the ground, reading her book.
Back to top Go down
Violet Cortel
Mod
Violet Cortel

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Lie **OPEN**   Beautiful Lie **OPEN** I_icon_minitime8th June 2010, 18:18

Violet had turned the page when she heard some whispering around her. She tried to ignore it at first, not caring to much about what was going on, but in the end, she lifted her head up. For a moment, she couldnt figure out what was going on, but then her eyes caught a flash of blood red and she turned her head, mouth opened just a bit. She had seem pretty girls before, but this girl had to take the cherry on the cake. Violet felt bad about herself and bit her lip, looking back down at her book. She pulled her wand closer to her just incase and turned the page again, only to lift her head to see the girl heading towards her.

Violet pulled her legs up, and turned sideways, looking up. "Excuse me...but please dont step on me..." She said softly, not wanting the girl to get upset or cause some kind of damage to her. Up close, the girl was even more pretty and Violet fought the urge to smile at her. Her fingers let go of her wand, just so the girl wouldnt think she was trying to threaten her or anything.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Lawson
Admin
Aurora Lawson

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Lie **OPEN**   Beautiful Lie **OPEN** I_icon_minitime9th June 2010, 17:19

Aurora stopped dead and looked around for the voice. Then she noticed the girl sitting on the ground with a book in her lap. She looked so tiny down there and Aurora could have done some serious damage with those "killer heels" of hers. She almost laughed out loud at the thought. Most other Slytherins would have just growled something nasty at the girl and walked away in a huff but not Aurora. She was too interested in the world around her to alienate people like that. Of course, she was only interested in learning its weaknesses but they would all find that out soon enough.

Without bothering with any pleasantries Aurora sat down next to the girl. "Show me what you're reading" she said in her commanding yet non-threatening way. Aurora might have learned how to communicate without malice but she wasn't exactly what one would describe as "nice" either.
Back to top Go down
Violet Cortel
Mod
Violet Cortel

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Lie **OPEN**   Beautiful Lie **OPEN** I_icon_minitime10th June 2010, 01:53

Violet thought for a minute she had upset the girl and she was about to get yelled at. She swallowed the fear she had, her grip tightening on her book. She looked down at her lap, only to see the girl's feet turn a bit and she glanced sideways. Violet was shocked-someone like that was actually taking time to sit by someone like her. She wondered if the girl was doing it so get more pleasure at being beautiful by comparing her to someone plain like Violet. She moved over some, giving herself some space from the girl.

Violet turned her head quickly when she heard the girl talk. Her eyes went wide for a few seconds, before nodding and looking down at her book. "I...was reading To Kill a Mockingbird....I know it's very very old...I was shocked they still had copies of it." She said quietly, not wanting to upset the girl. Violet could tell she was use to having her way and Violet passed her the book, letting her own hands fall back in her lap as she bit softly on her bottom lip.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Lawson
Admin
Aurora Lawson

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Lie **OPEN**   Beautiful Lie **OPEN** I_icon_minitime10th June 2010, 18:38

Aurora could sense she made the girl nervous. She ignored it, she was used to being intimidating for one reason or another. This girl was obviously new so it was most likely her looks rather than her reputation that made Violet nervous. Aurora liked this, she had such a massive ego. Aurora giggled inwardly, Violet had no reason to fear her, well, not at this stage anyway, Aurora was just looking for a conversation.

Aurora stared at the book Violet had just handed her. She couldn't believe it. That book was old when she was Violet's age and that was such a long time ago. "Where did you get this?" she whispered. "I haven't seen it in centuries, I thought people had forgotten it. Like a lot of other classic literature. Of course, it is a muggle work but a classic nonetheless." Aurora reverently turned the book around in her hands. If there was anything she loved, it was literature, especially old literature.
Back to top Go down
Violet Cortel
Mod
Violet Cortel

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Lie **OPEN**   Beautiful Lie **OPEN** I_icon_minitime13th June 2010, 19:05

Violet didnt know if she should answer the question or not. The book had been passed down for years and years on her mother's side, plus the fact she stayed in America a lot and traveled. Whenever one went to Alabama, the book was still talked about it-despite the age of the book. She bit down on her lip before answering the girl. "My mom...her family loves the book...and it got passed down to me from my mother..." She said, giving no other explantion about it. "If you want, you can read it..." She mumbled softly under her breath.

She took in the girl's looks once more before turning back to her lap. She smoothed the dress down, trying to aviod wrinkles forming. "My name is Violet by the way. Violet Cortel." She said out of the blue, feeling her face go red just a bit for being to straight forward for once. "Um..if it's not to much to ask...can you tell me your name..?" She asked, looking down at her lap still.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Lawson
Admin
Aurora Lawson

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Lie **OPEN**   Beautiful Lie **OPEN** I_icon_minitime15th June 2010, 12:02

Quote :
My mom...her family loves the book...and it got passed down to me from my mother...
If you want, you can read it...
Aurora handed the book back to Violet. "That's ok" she told her. "I've already read it." Aurora briefly let her mind wander back to her first stint at Hogwarts, when some mudblood had given her the book, in exchange for Aurora's permission to occupy one of the better tables in the Library. She remembered how she'd had to corner the mudblood away from Edolie who would have stopped her being such a bully. Aurora shook herself out of her reverie. "But that was such a long time ago now. No matter, I remember the story"

Quote :
My name is Violet by the way. Violet Cortel. Um..if it's not to much to ask...can you tell me your name..?
Aurora took a deep breath and counted to ten. The girls shyness was starting to irritate her and she wasn't sure how long more she could keep her composure. Nonetheless she could tell the girl had intelligence and decided to keep her cool for the time being. She flicked her hair "My name is Aurora Lawson. You can just call me Aurora" she informed Violet. "Hmm Violet Cortel" she mused. "Not a bad name. Your mother must have been big on manners though, you're awfully polite." Aurora said the last part like it was a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Violet Cortel
Mod
Violet Cortel

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Lie **OPEN**   Beautiful Lie **OPEN** I_icon_minitime28th June 2010, 23:42

Violet turned her head away from the girl, feeling the anger rushing through her body. She hated hearing about her mother and the fact that the Aurora mentioned her made her glare at the book in her hands. "My mother taught me nothing except to never trust a muggle...except my father. Being a...mudblood as the say is nothing but shame." She said, feeling her heart ache at the fact she called herself a mudblood. She wasnt sure why, she had been called it all her life. Or as far as she could remember.

"For all I care, that woman can burn in hell-if there is one that is." She said, throwing the book from her like it burned her fingers. She crossed her arms over her chest, glaring straight ahead of her. She blinked back her tears, not wanting to let someone see her cry. She hated to cry infront of others, yet she done it a lot.

(I'm so sorry for the wait. I had VBS one week, a week at my cousins, and then I went back.)
Back to top Go down
Aurora Lawson
Admin
Aurora Lawson

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Lie **OPEN**   Beautiful Lie **OPEN** I_icon_minitime29th June 2010, 13:39

A sly smile came over Aurora's face. She actually couldn't believe that the mild mannered girl had exploded like that, but she was impressed. Such anger. Such hatred. The girl could almost be a Slytherin. But then again she was a mudblood and extremely shy and retiring in other aspects so that was probably why she didn't make the Slytherin grade. "Well well" Aurora said silkily "If that isn't a temper and a half! I'm almost impressed. Don't ruin it by crying though, crying won't get you anywhere. Be strong Violet Cortel, its the only way to succeed in this world and seeing as you're a mudblood you'll have to try harder than most. Personally, I can't stand mudbloods but from the sounds of things you're more half-blood than mudblood. Half is better than none, even to one such as myself. So chin up and face the world, show them what you're made of!" Aurora couldn't quite believe herself, here she was actually giving advice to this insignificant mudblood. She couldn't help it though, Violet was smart, smart enough to know that being a mudblood was a bad thing and maybe even smart enough to one day come in useful to Aurora.

Suddenly a thought occurred to Aurora. Maybe it was her mothering instincts that had come into play. Aurora never imagined she had any, but then again, she never imagined herself impregnated by a vampire either, yet here she was. "Mothers!" she spat. "Why is it that the majority of them are completely useless? My mother was a drunken whore half the time and the other half she was just completely selfish. But to hell with her, who needs mothers if they are nothing but trouble." Aurora paused and involuntarily put her hand on her stomach. "I wonder what makes someone become like that?" Even though Aurora and Roslin didn't plan their child, Aurora could actually feel herself loving it already. She was already aware of the fact that she would die for it. She could never imagine her mother would have died for her.

((No worries about the wait, I understand things can get busy Smile Just to catch you up on Aurora, she's in the very early stages of pregnancy with her boyfriend Roslin, no bump yet but they both know the baby is on the way))
Back to top Go down
Violet Cortel
Mod
Violet Cortel

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Lie **OPEN**   Beautiful Lie **OPEN** I_icon_minitime1st July 2010, 19:25

Violet sat there listening to her, not wanting to agree with her at all. But the truth was that she was right. Violet might as well get use to it. She blinked back her tears before the fell, taking a deep breath. She almost laughed, her more half-blood then muggleborn. She said nothing, just staring out ahead of her. “I’m not even sure I want to show those idiots out there what I’m made of. I don’t have any family, except my father, who would actually give a damn.” She mumbled, playing with the hem of her dress.

Violet jumped when Aurora shouted mothers. She wasn’t expecting the outburst from her and she turned her head to listen to her, just to let her know she was paying attention. “My mom…left when I was I started showing signs of being magically. My father use to know a few witches and wizards…I think he had a best friend that was like me…and she didn’t like it. She left us alone and I havent hear from her since.” Violet said, sighing. “Not like I care anymore…I just…cant see why she ignores me and made her family cut contact with us.” She mumbled, letting her hand drop from playing with her dress.

Violet glanced at her, seeing her put her hand on her stomach. She raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. It wasn’t her business if Aurora was soon to be a mother or not. “I think…people are just scared that they have responsibility over another human…or just do not want something to stop them from what they enjoy.” She said, shrugging.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Lawson
Admin
Aurora Lawson

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Lie **OPEN**   Beautiful Lie **OPEN** I_icon_minitime2nd July 2010, 13:54

Quote :
My mom…left when I was I started showing signs of being magically. My father use to know a few witches and wizards…I think he had a best friend that was like me…and she didn’t like it. She left us alone and I haven't heard from her since. Not like I care anymore…I just…cant see why she ignores me and made her family cut contact with us.
Aurora smiled. "I'll tell you why, its because she's terrified of you and your abilities. Most muggles are, they generally hate things they don't understand or else are so jealous they can't handle it. Useless the lot of them if you ask me." Aurora paused, she was quite sure this wasn't the time to get into her theories on obliterating muggles. "But if I were you I'd just forget about her, like she doesn't exist. You don't need her anyway, you've got your wizarding family now and your dad seems worth bothering about. I'm lucky like that, my mother actually doesn't exist anymore."

Quote :
I think…people are just scared that they have responsibility over another human…or just do not want something to stop them from what they enjoy.
The "responsibility over another human" part of that sentence almost made Aurora burst out laughing. She couldn't tell if her child was even human, it was created of vampire after all. She thought about Violet's comment for a minute before getting up from the ground. "That's an interesting theory Violet" she said stretching her arms and legs. "You are in fact a very interesting girl. Its been a pleasure conversing with you today. Enjoy the rest of the book, maybe we'll see each other around"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Lie **OPEN**   Beautiful Lie **OPEN** I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beautiful Lie **OPEN**
Page 1 of 1